Friday, April 11, 2014

until now

until now by yelena bryksenkova
last fall i contributed these illustrations to accompany daniel kraines' essay "le canard" in the inaugural issue of until now, a magazine about coming of age created by alex citrin, who is working on an MFA in illustration practice at my alma mater, the maryland institute college of art in baltimore. i'm so impressed with the way this beautiful issue came together, and am happy to see quite a few familiar names among the 42 contributing writers and artists. you can now find copies at mcnally jackson in SoHo and atomic books in baltimore, but the list of stockists is sure to expand in the coming weeks as the magazine is officially released.
 photo untilnow4_blog_zpsee67964f.jpg

5 comments:

Judy Hartman said...

I love your illustrations so much!! So uniquely you! I think you are a fabulous artist!!

yelena bryksenkova said...

thanks so much, judy, you're always so kind - i really appreciate your taking the time to leave comments :)

y.

liv said...

hi yelena,
your illustrations for the magazine are thought prokoving - makes me really want to read the article too! anyway, i love your use of color and the subtleties in your work!
liv

Sketch of Senses said...

OH MY GOD!!!! I love your work so much! I love the way you draw, the beautiful and simple ideas and i love your pallet COLORS!!!! REALLY!!

Susanne Klabunde said...

Hey Yelena, again and again I'm surprised, that such "simple" paintings can be so touching an heartwarming. Though "simple" doesn't mean that it is easy painted (I tried to draw like that - no way ;) but just without anything that distracts my attention from the story behind or the beautiful atmosphere. It's simply wonderful!

FOLLOWERS